Friday 22 November 2013

AFS CrossFit, Andover - Fond Farewells


Today sees my last opportunity to say a fond farewell to Chris and Jess before they return home to Australia (Although I think Jess is getting her pit kittens sorted tomorrow ;) so might see her then).

Personally I have nothing but positive things to say about the Grant Family.  For two years they have come into the gym and for two years they have never had a bad day.  Although there were a few hangovers. 

From our first meeting Chris, Jess, Casey and Carter have felt like part if my family.  Chris was, and still is gobby as hell.  We clicked straight away and his straight talking is something I wish more people would adopt.  Not the greatest of flexible individuals, and seeing 120kgs of Aussie Muscle struggling, sweating and swearing under a PVC pipe will cheer me up whenever I hear any Aussie banter.  

Jess actually outdid Chris on the flexibility stakes if you can believe it.  But as she was more graceful she got extra points lol.  Jess at first was apprehensive and probably a little petrified about what she was embarking upon.  However 2 years later she is now a firm favourite with everybody in the gym and a bubbly vibrant women who has made others new to our little gym feel very welcome.

Both Chris and Jess have personified everything I have tried to promote in the gym.  They have followed our programme,  listened too our coach's,  worked hard in their own time and have now become 2 of our better athletes.  They have always come along to our little BBQ's,  Chris has passed his level 1 and dished out some horrendous wods on a Sunday and Jess is now our muscle up queen.  I'm only gutted some Aussie box in the middle of nowhere is about to gain two cracking CrossFitters.

I like to think of our gym as being very family orientated.  I have seen Carter and Casey grow up into two really lovely kids.  Engaging, well spoken with two beautiful little personalities that have always made me laugh.  Bruno will miss them a lot too.  Steak for dinner and being run ragged.  His perfect day!

On a personal note the leaving do held at the Boot was a perfect demonstration of what our little gym is about.  2 of our members getting a proper send off from 30 of their gym friends.  I was a little choked to see so many turn up but more so to see how much Chris & Jess mean to everybody.  We will all miss you and wish you all the very best back in sunny, warm Australia x








0 comments:

Post a Comment