Thursday 20 June 2013

Progress is measured in Inch's

Today I had a member (she knows who she is) ask me why she and indeed a couple of others who have asked for more advanced programming don't get mentioned on our blog and feel left out of the gym.

The major underlying point here wasn't so much about the program but that over the past few weeks our CrossFit program has received a fair few lines and indeed pictures and videos showcasing the achievements made in the front squat, clean and snatch etc.

My advanced class is nearing test week. We will have trained for 8 weeks following a 5x5 type squat program, a strength development phase very much geared towards giving us a solid foundation for competition time.

Much of my focus while writing out this program has been to develop the following skills:

Squats
Clean & Jerk
Snatch
Pull Ups
Handstand push Ups

Today has seen us all PB on our shoulder press.  A key exercise in developing the HSPU,  we have seen 3-5 kg improvements on both the olympic lifts but not only that our technique has proved even more noticeably.  

Here is Lizzie's SP today:




Next week sees us take on the CrossFit Total, Isobel, ME Pull Ups, ME HSPU, 500m row best effort, and Annie and I'm extremely confident we will see many more PB's.

The biggest concern I see my members having is with understanding the plan.  Training is exactly that,  training.  We are moving very strongly towards Divided We Fall 2013.  Our progress will be measured by the Inch's we gain each and every day towards our targets.  We will have off days.  Just this afternoon myself and Pedro were discussing the benefits of training when every inch of you wants to go and sunbath.  I believe that at these times you hit the beach, crack open a cold one and let the body recover.  But we will also have our awesome days when everything clicks.  And trust me those days will not be too long in coming.

Get After It TAFS

G-Unit

0 comments:

Post a Comment