Saturday 9 February 2013

AFS Fat Killers - Week 4

TAFS,

We are four weeks into this zone diet challenge.  The scales read 107.7 so thats down about 1/2 a kilo.  I'm pretty happy with that but I was thinking it might have been more.

This week has seen me hitting new 5rm maxes on all my lifts:
  • Back Squat - 161 
  • Bench Press - 113
  • Bent Over Row - 97
  • Shoulder Press - 75
  • Deadlift - 165
I have to be honest and say that this week has seen me up my blocks from 19 to 25.  I found myself running on empty a couple of times last week and with new 5rm's every week on the horizon I felt it necessary to make sure I was fuelled up appropriately.

Even though it was only .5 of a kilo I have been overwhelmed with the comments of looking hot, looking Buff and Teri feeling the need to squeeze my arms at every opportunity.  My personal favourite was Allie telling me I looked hard ;).... 

Total weight loss is now at 3.1 kgs in 4 weeks.  I think that that has been matched by Gill and by Allie if not surpassed.  

THE PROGRAM:

This week has seen us kick off a new phase in our training.  We will be spending the next 2 weeks building up to our current 5 Rep max's.  Then a further 8 Weeks seeing how far we can develop.  It has been a real challenge to put together this program.  We have the Open coming up, we have our own little competition coming up in April and then onto the summer series where we have people entered for the Manchester Games and The European Inferno and I'm sure a few other little challenges I don't know about.  We also have our Angry Gorilla's getting in on the competition scene.  Alex, Livvie and Grace will all be taking part in the England schools weightlifting competition in March and the BWL U15 Open in May.  

With this in mind the CrossFit classes will revert back to standard CrossFit with a strength element each Day. The Olympic Lifting will be in the WOD's only.  We are running the Barbell Club at 1900 Tuesday & Thursday as well as our original Saturday 0900 class for all your Olympic lifting needs. 

I hope this weeks teething problems and working out all the percentages are behind us now and we can make really good progress over the next 12 weeks guys.  If you have any issues then drop me a line.

Get after it TAFS

G-Unit


4 comments:

jill gaffney said...

weight loss now 4kgs dead on

Chalky said...

Well done Jill .. 6.5kg loss so far and 3.5 of that being this last week.. mon-mon :) Body fat down another 1 percent too at 23.. :(

Chalky said...

ps:) Ive started this week preparing .. so made meals and put into tubs.. beef bourginon, lamb tagine with sweet pot mash and pork casserole.. also packed my protein shakes into tubs so i dont forget recovery, have nuts on hand and Im taking my peptide :)

Anonymous said...

What happens if individuals cannot make the barbell classes
When will they get the opportunity to practice their oly lifting with coaching?

Post a Comment