Sunday 24 February 2013

AFS Fat Killers - Week 6

So we have hit the weigh in for one more week and what do we see? I have crept upto 109kg. This week has gone pretty well diet wise. Bread has been cut out bar the odd slice of kryptonite aka toast and meals have been pretty well balanced and keeping on point with this zone.

So why the increase?

Each week I feel lighter. The pictures are showing good progress but the scales are moving in the wrong direction to make this a successful 12 weeks. After doing a little research and chatting to a few people that are a bit more nutritionally savvy then myself (they have 6 packs) I have come to the conclusion that nutrition sucks ass!

Having completed 5 weeks of my programme I am torn by the pursuit of 100kg bodyweight and my strength training. Never has a truer word be spoken that "Eat big to lift big". I am now in the region of 25blocks. This is just enough for me to be hitting my targets. However as the weights are getting heavier I am also seeing a fair bit of growth. I would estimate probably 5kg of muscle so far and gaining. So as of today I am going to start measuring as well as photos to monitor my progress. Weights wise I hit all new PB's this week:

Back Squat 169 x 3
Bench Press 118 x 3
Bent Over Row 102 x 3
Deadlift 173 x 5
Shoulder Press 79 x 5

It's getting cheeky now :(

How have you done this week?

Gym:

This half term week Dave (my bro) put a works party together and blitz the gym. We have painted, decorated, gutted, reinforced and spruced the place up. We now have hand stand walls, an Angry Gorilla Barbell Club (kids CrossFit) wall and a heart beat around the perimeter.

We have also had our first clothing order with RX Limitless come through. I have to be honest and say they are top draw. With 3 years of dealing with different suppliers and designers Tom has been professional, conscientious and extremely helpful from the start. Firstly coming up with a design that captures the spirit of our gym perfectly to hand delivering the finished article. I highly recommend him.

Lastly I would just like to say thank you to everyone who pitched in this past week with the gym. You know who you are.

Get After It TAFS!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment